The McCall Pattern Company and Fabric Traditions Gertie Pinterest Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE MCCALL PATTERN COMPANY FABRIC TRADITIONS GERTIE PINTEREST CONTEST (THE “CONTEST.”) A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 4, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 18, 2016 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on March 18, 2016.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of The McCall Pattern Company and Fabric Traditions, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Contest is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
3) HOW TO ENTER & PHOTO GUIDELINES: Create a pinboard on your own Pinterest account called “Gertie Pinterest Scene.” (If you do not already have a Pinterest account you can create one for free). Create a scene for Gertie and fill your board with images that relate to your particular scene. For example, a “Gertie at Coney Island” board could be filled with pins of cats-eye sunglasses, straw beach bag, vintage towel and 1950s magazines to read. Images and scenes can be contemporary or years past. Feel free to pin Gertie sewing patterns found here at Butterick.com and Gertie fabrics found here at Joann.com, though pinning these products is not necessary to win.
Email the link to your pinboard along with your full name, address and daytime phone number to email@example.com (“Submission”). Entrants may only submit one Entry. If you choose to pin images from The McCall Pattern Company, The McCall Pattern Company grants you this non-exclusive, limited right to pin such images for purposes of this Contest. By entering this Contest, you agree to join The McCall Pattern Company’s marketing database to receive emails about special promotions, exclusive offers, and updates about new arrivals.
Your images may not show trademarked images and other brand logos. Further, your images must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, violent, discriminatory, unlawful, offensive, harassing, and it must not violate or infringe upon another’s rights (including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights). All submitted images will be moderated by an official McCall Pattern Company administrator. Images that are deemed vulgar, unlawful, harmful, generally inappropriate, or in violation of the terms of these Official Rules will not be approved by the administrator and your submission will not be entered in the Contest. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submitted images do not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. Your images must not contain brand names, copyrighted material or trademarks (other than those owned by you or The McCall Pattern Company). Submissions are limited to one (1) per entrant. The winner will be chosen by the design team of The McCall Pattern Company. Late or corrupt entries will not be accepted. Entries may not be submitted through agencies or third parties. By taking part in the Contest, each entrant (or your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor in your jurisdiction of primary residence) unconditionally agrees and accepts to be bound by these Official Rules and the decision of The McCall Pattern Company, which will be final and binding in all respects. The McCall Pattern Company is in no way affiliated with Pinterest. Entrants must abide by Pinterest’s terms and conditions.
4) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One winner will be selected on or about 3/24/16 (the “Judging Date”) by the marketing teams of The McCall Pattern Company and Fabric Traditions. Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) refuses the prize; and/or (iv) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Contest.
5) PRIZE DESCRIPTION. One winner will receive 1) $200 worth of Gertie Butterick sewing patterns from The McCall Pattern Company (online only from The McCall Pattern Company, not available in retail stores, and excludes all sale items, tax and shipping; 2) $300 worth of Gertie fabrics from Fabric Traditions, manufacturer of Gertie fabrics; and 3) a $50 gift certificate to Jo-Ann Fabrics (supplied by Fabric Traditions). Plus, bonus gift of a signed copy of “Gertie’s Ultimate Dress Book,” retail price of $36. The approximate total retail value of this prize is $586.
6) TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7) OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Contest constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the entrant’s name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
8) NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by The McCall Pattern Company and Fabric Traditions, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9) RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Each potential winner of the Contest may (in The McCall Pattern Company’s sole discretion) be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability agreement (the “Acceptance Release”) and return the Acceptance Release before the winner is announced. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Acceptance Release within forty-eight (48) hours of the first (1st) notification attempt, such potential winner (in The McCall Pattern Company’s sole discretion) may be disqualified and an alternate may (in The McCall Pattern Company’s sole discretion) be selected. Parents or legal guardians of any winner under the age of majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Acceptance Release. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, he or she may be disqualified in The McCall Pattern Company’s sole discretion, and an alternate potential winner may then, in The McCall Pattern Company’s sole discretion, be selected by the representative. The Winner’s Acceptance Release is subject to verification by The McCall Pattern Company.
The McCall Pattern Company is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent. When a potential winner is contacted, he/she will have 48 hours in which to respond to the notification, or he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The McCall Pattern Company will not be responsible if a potential winner changes his/her e-mail address or other contact information after he/she registers for the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her registration information notifying The McCall Pattern Company. Failure to update such registration information may affect a potential winner’s ability to receive the proper notification and be able to respond in time.
10) TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating, an entrant agrees to a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of The McCall Pattern Company and Fabric Traditions, which shall be final in all respects; b) release, discharge and hold harmless The McCall Pattern Company, Fabric Traditions and their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, advertising and Contest agencies, legal and financial advisors (collectively “Releasees”), from all liability, claims or damages including injury or death, arising out of their participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. Subject to applicable law, winner irrevocably grants The McCall Pattern Company, Fabric Traditions and their designees the right and permission to use of their name, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information for advertising, Contest and publicity purposes without further compensation, and upon request will provide consent in writing to such use. Releasees are not responsible for and shall have no liability for printing or typographical errors in any Contest -related material; or for any stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a entrant’s ability to participate in the promotion. If for any reason Contest cannot be conducted as planned by reason of causes beyond the control of The McCall Pattern Company, which, in the sole opinion of The McCall Pattern Company, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Contest, The McCall Pattern Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest, and/or may conduct Contest and select the winner from among all entries received prior to the action taken. Further, The McCall Pattern Company reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Contest. In the event The McCall Pattern Company is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within The McCall Pattern Company’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) The McCall Pattern Company shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest . The McCall Pattern Company reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavors to notify material changes to entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, The McCall Pattern Company reserves the right but has no obligation to award the prizes.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with Contest, shall be resolved individually through arbitration, without resort to any form of class action or litigation in court. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, The McCall Pattern Company, Fabric Traditions, or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
The McCall Pattern Company is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom The McCall Pattern Company believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole discretion of The McCall Pattern Company, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future Contest. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to undermine the legitimate operation of Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The McCall Pattern Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. The McCall Pattern Company reserves the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
11) SPONSOR: The McCall Pattern Company, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
12) WHO WON? For the name of the winner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Winner/Gertie Pinterest Contest.