Announcing the #V9253 Dress Pattern Contest!
Wow, there are so many fantastic makes of Vogue Patterns V9253 dress out there! Every time we check social media we see yet another gorgeous version. In fact, we’re so inspired by your makes that we’re holding a #V9253 contest! You could win:
- a $100 gift certificate to Stylish Fabric!
- $100 worth of patterns from us (your choice from current patterns)!
And it’s so easy to enter. All you have to do is:
- Make this dress pattern. If you’ve already made this pattern you can still enter it in the contest.
- Post your make on social media (Instagram [preferred], Facebook and the McCall’s Facebook Group, Pinterest, Twitter) any time between now and August 15, 2017. Posting it one place on social media, such as Instagram, is enough, as long as you’ve used the hashtag #V9253.
- Tag it #V9253. If you’ve already made this dress and posted it, you can update your post with the hashtag.
Our panel of judges will choose their favorite make from the submissions. What makes a pattern a favorite? This will be a tough call, as we’ve been loving all your versions. But things we’ll be looking at include use of fabric and print, and how the pattern looks on you. Maybe you’ve interpreted the pattern in a new way. The winning interpretation will be one that delights and appeals to us.
Pattern tweaking is allowed, as long as the judges feel the basic overall design of this pattern is still recognizable. For example, a number of you have made the neckline a little less plunging for your tastes. That’s ok.
And, you may enter multiple makes of this pattern, not just one! This pattern works for fall and winter too—try making in stable knits like wool jersey or ponte; wool challis and lightweight wool crepe would also work.
Tip: Taking a good photograph—preferably one that’s shot outside in natural light—will show off your creation the best. The judging team appreciates photos with a real person modeling the pattern, so we can see how it fits and looks on you, though we will definitely consider dress form photos.
The winner will be announced on Facebook Live and Instagram Live during the week of August 21, and we’ll also update this post with the winner’s name.
See, isn’t this an easy contest to enter?! We can’t wait to see your submissions!