Announcing the #M7542 Top Pattern Contest!
Have you seen all the fantastic makes of McCall’s M7542 top pattern? It seems like every day someone is posting her cute new version. We’re so inspired by your makes that we’re holding an M7542 contest! You could win:
- a $100 gift certificate to Vogue Fabrics, plus a 1-year subscription to their fabric catalog
- $100 worth of patterns from us (your choice from current patterns)
And it’s so easy to enter. All you have to do is:
- Make this top pattern. If you’ve already made this pattern you can still enter it in the contest.
- Post your make on social media (Instagram [preferred], Facebook and the MPC Facebook Group, Pinterest, Twitter) any time between now and May 7th.
- Tag it #M7542. If you’ve already made this top and posted it, you can update your post with the hashtag.
Our panel of judges will choose their favorite make from the submissions. What makes a pattern a favorite? This will be a tough call, as we’ve been loving all your versions. But things we’ll be looking at include use of fabric and print, and how the pattern looks on you. Maybe you’ve interpreted the pattern in a new way. The winning interpretation will be one that delights and appeals to us.
Pattern tweaking is allowed, as long as the judges feel the basic overall design of this pattern is still recognizable. For example, if you used the pleated ruffle from View C but placed it on a top with a different bodice, that would be viewed as too much of a variation on the design. But if you altered the neckline of M7542, that would be ok.
And, you may enter multiple makes of this pattern, not just one!
Tip: Taking a good photograph—preferably one that’s shot outside in natural light—will show your creation off the best.
The winner will be announced on Facebook Live and Instagram Live during the week of May 8th, and we’ll also update this post with the winner’s name.
See, isn’t this an easy contest to enter?! We can’t wait to see your submissions!