Here’s the tentative schedule for the Bomber Jacket Sew-Along:
- Week of 9/5: Choosing fabric and ribbing (Meg)
- Week of 9/12: Fitting raglan shoulders (Gillian)
- Week of 9/19: Making the inside of your jacket look pretty (Meg)
- Week of 9/26: Adding ribbing to your jacket (Meg)
- Week of 10/3: Inserting a front separating zipper (Gillian)
- Week of 10/10: Adding a lining to a bomber jacket (Gillian)
- Week of 10/17: The big reveal
Note: More sew-along posts may be added as needed.
For you sew-along first-timers, here are some things to note about our sew-alongs:
- You don’t need to sign up anywhere to join this sew-along
- It’s 100% go-at-your-own pace. You can feel free to jump ahead or lag behind
- All tips and tutorials will be first posted here on this blog. So if you follow the blog you won’t miss out on anything
- We are sewing McCall’s M7100 and Butterick B6181. You’re free to sew whatever bomber jacket you like, but we’ll only be providing information here for these patterns
Join our Facebook Bomber Jacket Sew-Along group! This is the place to share your progress and chat with fellow sew-alongers. We’ll be posting more sew-along social media info soon.
Bomber jackets are so hot this season! In fact, “bomber jacket” is one of Google’s top fashion searches right now. Let’s all be on trend together and make chic bomber jackets. We can’t wait to get started!