Do you sew? Do you write? Do you want to share your projects, techniques, and ideas with an international audience and get paid for it? We want to hear from you!
Vogue Patterns Magazine publishes six issues a year for a readership of dedicated, enthusiastic fashion sewists. We include articles about fabrics, tools and notions, sewing techniques, fit, and more, plus detailed step-by-step projects and a generous dose of fashion inspiration. We’re looking for writers who are passionate about fashion sewing and can bring new perspectives and ideas to any of these areas.
Here are some of the topics we’re interested in covering:
- methods for garment construction, seam finishes, closures, etc.
- fitting solutions
- notions, tools, and equipment
- techniques, information, and maintenance for sewing machines, sergers, coverstitchers, etc.
- fabrics and fibers
- fashion embellishments
- new sewing resources
- project planning and organization
- inspiring designers and sewists
- sewing and fashion history
- anything that makes your sewing more beautiful, more efficient, or more rewarding
In addition, each issue includes step-by-step projects that stand alone or put a new twist on a basic garment or accessory pattern. Some possibilities:
- Adding trendy details to a basic design
- Pattern hacks
- Alternative construction techniques and finishes
- Novel embellishments, decorations, and trims
- Specialized techniques for making a garment in an unusual fabric
- Artistic re-interpretations of a design
- Stylish accessories to complement a handmade outfit.
We’re currently looking for pitches for our winter and early spring issues. To learn more, and see how to submit your work, please refer to the full guidelines HERE. We can’t wait to hear what you come up with!