McCall Pattern Company “Style a Celeb” Instagram Contest
Are you ready to have some fun?!
Announcing the McCall Pattern Company Style a Celeb Instagram contest. One winner will receive $100 worth of patterns! We’re making it really easy to play. All you have to do is…
1. Pick your favorite celebrity. This celeb can be real or fictional. Pop stars, tv show characters, actors, characters in books—just as long as most people would consider your choice well-known. Being readily able to find or create images of your celebrity is important.
2. Next, think about how you’d like to see your celebrity dress. Be creative! Then pair your celebrity with a current pattern from Butterick, McCall’s, Kwik Sew or Vogue Patterns that you think really works for your celebrity. The pattern you choose must be available for sale on any of our four pattern brand sites.
3. Last, create a two-panel collage of your celeb and the pattern, and post it on your Instagram account. Include the brand and the pattern number in the collage (ex- Butterick B6167). Tag us in the caption (@mccallpatterncompany) and include the hashtag #mccallstyleaceleb.
4. You may create and post up to five different images during the contest time period (3/31/15 – 4/14/15).
That’s all there is to it! The McCall Pattern Company marketing team will choose its favorite around 4/15 after the contest has ended and the winner will be announced here on this blog in a subsequent blog post.
Some guidelines to help you out:
• There are two ways you can style your celeb. One, you can do a “sew the look.” This is where you pair of photo of a celeb, blogger or model with a pattern of ours that is actually very similar to what the celebrity is wearing. We do this all the time with our “Sew the Look” posts on Instagram and Facebook. Two, you can be imaginative and pair your celeb with a pattern that you think really works for her particular style. We did this with our recent blog posts where we paired the characters from Downton Abbey, Scandal, and Girls with patterns we thought matched their style.
• Never made a photo collage before? PicMonkey is a great web application, and there are loads of photo collage-makers available as apps for smart phones.
• Not on Instagram? Sorry, that is a prerequisite of this contest. You must have an Instagram account and follow the McCall Pattern Company on Instagram to enter this contest. Besides, the sewing community on Instagram is a warm and friendly bunch, and we bet you’ll soon consider Instagram your favorite social medium. (We love IG!)
• Please do your best to credit photographers and sources of your images whenever possible.
Here are two sample contest images with captions:
Official contest rules are here. Deadline to enter is April 14th, so don’t wait until the last minute. Leave any questions you may have in the comments here. Thanks, and we’re really looking forward to seeing your entries!
4/17/15 UPDATE: Wow, we loved your entries so much! They were fun and creative. We had a tough time agreeing on a favorite, but congratulations to Dominique, known as @lraine85 on Instagram. She gets to pick $100 worth of patterns from us. We also gave honorable mentions (two free patterns of their choice) to @mario_r0driguez and @thinkingcapstudio, who wowed us as well. Look for more social media contests to come!